Inspiration from India
We hope your 2016 has kicked off well!
As you may know half of the team went to India over the festive period. Whilst over in India there were many things we saw that inspired us for events that we wanted to share with you all.
So here are the top five things we took away from beautiful India:
- Lights galore – it was ‘all things lights’ in India to create an atmosphere – from draping lights from the trees to having oversized lighting to create an impact.
- It’s all about the small touches – in India as well as doing things big, from hotel décor to event décor there was A LOT of attention to the smaller detail, rather than everything needing to be OTT (over the top).
- The beautiful outdoors – as you know in India the weather is pretty much guaranteed so you can take advantage of hosting events outside. Yes, we know what you’re thinking – in the UK the weather is unpredictable – but there is nothing stopping you. If you want an outdoor wedding you can still do it but be prepared for the weather by hiring a marquee – you get the best of both worlds.
- All things floral – flowers are easy to get hold of in India and they are incorporated into décor in both hotels and events.
- Traditional theming – throughout our journey in India we found that there was a lot of traditional décor, for example elephants, pots and figures of traditional folk people. Also, we saw lots of Indian fabric inspired décor including cushions and mats.
We’ll definitely be taking the learnings from our India trip into consideration when planning events for our clients over 2016.
Are you or somebody you know planning an event this year? Contact us today and see how we can help you plan your special day.