5 top tips to pick your wedding photographer
Being Asian wedding planners and stylists in the UK and internationally, we understand that planning and executing your dream Asian wedding is a huge task in itself.
Finding the perfect suppliers to create your dream wedding is a task in itself, including finding right photographers who will capture those precious moments which will be kept forever.
Rhea, our Wedding Assistant Intern has put together her top tips for picking your photographer.
Booking a photographer to capture your special day comes with being one of the most important things within a wedding. With so many ceremonies taking place at Asian weddings, the grand entrances, the family photos after the Indian ceremony, the statement reception decor and the list goes on – and so your wedding photos will keep the big day alive forever. Whether you have these photographs posted online for all to see, or kept personally in a scrapbook, you will want your wedding photos to look most spectacular no matter what.
- Narrow the list of photographers down to your style, so that you know the photographers you have picked will understand you, click with you and your other half, and bring what you have visualised in mind to life. You need a photographer that is able to capture all the special moments and atmospheric vibes in each photograph.
- Give yourself enough time when choosing a photographer. Make sure you research your options, the style of the photographer as well as their previous work. You wouldn’t want to rush and pick someone, which could result in poor quality images and a style you’re not happy with to show to friends and family.
- Give yourself opportunities to also meet some photographers. You want to make sure you get along with the photographer, so that you can express your ideas and have them taken into account. It is YOUR wedding day after all, so you’re going to want to ensure your photographs are going to be how you have asked them to be.
- Consider word of mouth – ask friends and family for recommendations on which photographer they think could be best for your wedding day. Experience is the key and especially if your loved ones have had firsthand great experience with a photographer! If they have done well so far and they have great reviews, then you should be guaranteed perfect professional photographs.
- Consider different price ranges and what’s included in the packages being offered. You may jump too fast, spending too much money or too little and ending up with photographs you’re actually unhappy with.
BONUS TIP: Ask to see more of their work. More than just a selected few from their website. Consistency of great quality images is guaranteed a great selection of images you can chose to keep.
On the next blog we’re talking all things about the Royal Wedding! Keep your eyes peeled!
Recently engaged and looking for some help with your wedding planning? Schedule in your consultation with Radhika or Shindy to discuss your wedding in more detail and see how we can plan and design your dream Asian wedding.